Increased safety and new security measures are being implemented due to an anticipated record crowd for the event on Saturday July 1 and Sunday July 2.
This will mean additional road closures are being introduced for the event.
- Oystermouth Road from the junction with West Way through to Mumbles Road at the junction with Sketty Lane will be closed in both directions from approximately 10am until after the final displays around 6pm on both days.
- Access will be maintained for Marina residents, while arrangements will be made to allow people to reach Swansea Civic Centre, Swansea University’s Singleton Campus and the pre-booked premium car park at the Recreation Ground.
- People travelling from outside Swansea for the airshow will be directed to exit the M4 at Junction 42 and to use the park and ride facilities on Fabian Way and Junction 45 for the Landore park and ride. The park and ride routes have been adapted to drop visitors directly at the show.
- Non-airshow visitors heading to Gower will be directed to Junction 47 at Penllergaer.
- Swansea residents travelling to the airshow by car from the west of Swansea are being encouraged to use the official car park at Ashleigh Road Playing Fields.
- Those from the east of Swansea are being urged to use the car parks at the LC, St David’s, Paxton Street and the park and ride sites.
Click on the image for a bigger version.