The Wales Airshow is a destination for the whole family. Family friendly facilities include:
- Baby changing facilities
- Free Tag your Tots wristbands
- Lost Children and Information facilities
Losing a child, even for a few moments can be very distressing and our Tag Your Tots scheme can help reassure and get help fast.
If you lose a child or need to report an incident look for the nearest steward and who will talk directly to our security and events team via radio.
- All lost children will be taken to a Lost Children Facility based at the information points. Announcements will be made at regular intervals over the a system and all stewards will be informed of the descriptions.
- Parents arriving at the facility looking for a child who has not been handed in should remain at the facility and give a general description of the child, this will be radioed to all event personnel.
Mums and Dads
Teach your child, that if they are ever separated from mum, dad or guardian, not to panic: but to look for the nearest steward who will be wearing a high vis/bright yellow jacket or to one of the many armed service personnel.
Free ‘Tag your Tots’ Wristbands
A mobile number on a wristband is the simplest and quickest way to help a lost child. On entering the event a wristband can be collected from our Information points, the park and ride drop off location or our car parks staff. Write the parents mobile number on the back of the wristband before putting on the child’s wrist. These wristbands are bright and waterproof.
Child Safety Tips
It’s easy for children to get distracted in busy places. Most children are reunited very quickly, but a child is vulnerable while lost so it’s important to teach a child what to do. If you are lost…
• Stop, stand still and look, don’t run about
• If you see the person you were with, go to them and hold their hand
• If lost go to the nearest steward who will be wearing a high vis top or armed service uniform
• Don’t go up to anyone else
…but the best way to help a lost child is to try and prevent it happening In the first place:
• Encourage children to stay close to you
• Use reins or wrist links
• Write a contact number on a ‘tag your tots’ wristband
• Carry an up to date photograph
• Make a note of what the child is wearing
This post is also available in: Welsh