It’s nearly here! Wales Airshow returns to Swansea Bay this weekend
Wales Airshow returns to Swansea Bay this weekend brought to you by Swansea Council .We’ve got all the info you’ll need to help plan your visit to what’s fast becoming Wales’ best loved FREE event!
From all the team at Swansea Council we hope you’ll enjoy what is always a fantastic spectacle.
DAY 1 – SATURDAY
- Saturday 10 am – Ground display areas open
- Saturday 12.30 – The first air displays start
- Saturday 17:15 – The Red Arrows close day 1’s air displays
- Saturday 18:00 – Ground display area closes
DAY 2 – SUNDAY
- Sunday 10 am – Ground display areas open
- Sunday 12:00 – The Red Arrows open day 2’s air displays
- Sunday 16:25 – The final air display of day 2 starts
For the full display timetable download our APP
- RAF Typhoon Eurofighter sponsored by Virgin Atlantic
- RAF Red Arrows Saturday 17:15 and Sunday 12:00
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- P-51 Mustang (replacing the Catalina Flying boat)
- The Aerosuperbatics Wing Walkers
- RAF Chinook
- Lauren Wilson – Pitts Special
- Team Raven
- RAF Tutor
- The Gyro Air Display Team
- RNHF Sea Fury
- Falcons Parachute Display Team
- Tigers Parachute Display Team
- Richard Goodwin – Aerobatic Sporting Biplane
- The Bremont Great War Team
The dynamic timetable of display times for the Airshow will be fed into the App at 10am on June 27 and will be updated in real time to reflect changes in the event schedule and timings that may be caused by the weather and other factors. It’s a virtual programme in the palm of your hand! This year’s app is sponsored by Home From Home Holiday Cottages.
If you bought the 2016 or 2017 app , good news.. you get this year’s as FREE update! For first timers, it will cost you just £1.99. Just make sure to re-install it!
A range of car parks have been set up to cater for the event tohelp make your event experience as enjoyable as possible.
The car parks available are tiered based on their distance to the event, there is also a brand new dedicated Park & Ride service.
In order to be able to support the increasing numbers of visitors and to allow more space for ground events, we will now need to expand the event on to Oystermouth Road. As a result, it will be necessary to close a section of Oystermouth Road for the weekend beginning on Friday, June 29, to allow exhibitors to have enough time to set up ahead of the start of the show the following day.
Looking to take your 2018 Wales Airshow experience to the next level?
Why not upgrade and spend your day at the exclusive Wales Airshow Flight Deck!
This year’s Wales Airshow, already a great day out for the whole family, now comes with added music!
Swansea Music Hub, the team behind last year’s break-out Swansea Fringe Festival, are curating three stages of locally-sourced music, showcasing some of the best in home-grown talent from South Wales to provide a musical backdrop for the weekend.